- Aloha, love, affection, compassion, mercy, sympathy, pity, kindness, sentiment, grace, charity
- greeting, salutation, regards; sweetheart, lover, loved one
- beloved, loving, kind, compassionate, charitable, lovable
- to love, be fond of
- to show kindness, mercy, pity, charity, affection
- to venerate
- to remember with affection
- to greet, hail. Greetings! Hello! Good bye! Farewell! Alas!
- Aloha ʻoe, may you be loved or greeted, greetings (to one person).
- Aloha kāua, may there be friendship or love between us, greetings (to one person); dear Sir.
- Aloha kākou, same as above, but to more than one person.
- Ke aloha nō! Aloha! Greetings! (The nō may be prolonged for emphasis.) (Gram. 4.6)
- Aloha ahiahi, good evening.
- Aloha kakahiaka, good morning.
- Aloha aliʻi, royalist, royal love.
- Aloha ʻino! What a pity! Alas! [Expression of regret, either great or small.]
- Aloha akua, love of god; divine love, pity, charity.
- Mea aloha, loved one, beloved.
- Aloha makua, considerate and thoughtful of parents and elders, filial.
- Aloha ʻia, beloved, pitied.
- Aloha pumehana, warm aloha, affection.
- Me ke aloha o Kawena, with the love (or greeting) of Kawena.
- ʻO wau iho nō me ke aloha, I remain, with very best regards.
- Aloha ʻoe, ē Maria, ua piha ʻoe i ka maikaʻi, hail, Mary, full of grace.
- Ē Maria hemolele, e aloha mai ʻoe iā mākou, Holy Mary, have mercy on us.
- Aloha aʻe ana mākou i ke ehu wāwae o ka lani (chant for Kalākaua), we remember fondly the footprints of the king.
- E aloha aku au i ka mea aʻu e manaʻo ai e aloha aku (Puk. 33.19), I show mercy to those I want to show mercy to.
- Aloha nō ia mau lā o nā makahiki he kanalima i kūnewa akula! Affectionate [memories] of these days of fifty years past! hōaloha Rare var. of hoʻālohaloha.